Since the start of the season:
- Stoke City FC have had the highest increase of new social followers than any other club (+15%); although Manchester United continue to dominate with 95M followers, 3.3M of them joining within the last three months.
- Mesut Özil’s brand value continues to gather pace, based on his impressive OPTA stats and social metrics. So much so, that he acquired 3M new social followers, compared to Arsenal’s 1.6M during the same time period.
- Following much controversy over Wayne Rooney’s England and Manchester United appearances (or lack of), he has still managed to achieve more social followers (1.3M) than Daniel Sturridge, Dele Alli, Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling combined.
- Hector Bellerin’s Brandtix Value increased by 16% following signs of him renewing his contract with Arsenal. He also brought in another 312K new fans off the back of his impressive displays at right-back.
- Manchester City’s partnership activation team are performing superbly with Etihad, EA SPORTS and Nissan being the most discussed brands globally by MCFC’s social followers.
- Arsenal, Manchester City and Stoke City are seeing excellent brand recognition from their stadium naming rights. Emirates, Etihad and Bet 365 remain the most talked about brands across their major networks.
- Betting brands continue to drive plenty of discussion online. Skybet, Bet 365, Paddy Power and Coral have resonated the most so far this season.
- Since the start of the season, Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City have the most engaged followers in USA.
- Eden Hazard and Raheem Sterling, who didn’t have the best of seasons (15/16), have turned it around since August, with both players commanding positive sentiment of over 75%.
- I started with Stoke City, so I’ll finish with the “Potters”. Since signing 19 year old Ramadan Sobhi, Egypt became SCFC’s third largest fan location!
Thanks for reading. At Brandtix we’re monitoring over 1,300 players and 45 teams across EPL and Champions League. Our insightful dashboard provides real time data from OPTA on-pitch stats, to fan acqusition, location, engagement, brand tracking and sentiment analysis. Feel free to contact me for more information. Forgot to say, Brandtix is also branching into new sports, including Motorsport, Rugby and eSports.